Sunday, March 1, 2009

Actors Journal #16 - None at all.....AGAIN

270209

Today we didn't touch Check, Please AT ALL. I'm getting frantic.

Instead we work on our PPP. We were given a stimulus, a poem, in this case, and asked to write down the words that come into your head when right after you hear it. like the acid test in TAPS. I admit. I SUCK AT THIS. and it was really scary for me. Everyone seems to be like, coming up with awesome ideas, like, savouring the journey, not the destination.

Next, we take 5 minutes to construct a play from what little stimulus we have, and from that idea, try to sell it to a producer. sell it. USING 15 seconds. tell me how impossible that is! argh. once again, my mind went blank. i seriously didn't have any idea about what my production was.....and you're asking me to SELL IT?! madness. But we attempt anyway, bravery and confidence covers over other thoughts and emotion like fear, nervous-ness, TREPIDATION. well, at least it smothers it abit. but yet again, I sucked. its tough for me, i don't know why, and I really want to be good at this.....I just don't get inspiration that easily. ARGH. nevermind. next challenge. which again seems tough for me. we sell a production we have been involved in before. and mine is LOVE PERHAPS. OH DEAR ME. Mr.Moss thinks the play sucks, so how am I going to sell it?! *brrrrriiiinnnnggg* the bell rings and we're off to hear this singaporean guy speak and SELL La Salle, a school for the arts. selling. how ironic. it was boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment