Monday, March 9, 2009

Actors Journal #17 - FINALLY!

030309

FINALLY! we started working on Check, Please! yes yes yes yes yessss!
but class started off with BAD NEWS. *dramatic music* Phumi and Michelle have to go on an MUN (models united nation) trip to singapore the day we have a night performance for parents. =O. to make a long story short. They're taking a night flight and they will miss the performances only after that night one.

Next, Mr.Moss sat us down, and asked us to evaluate ourselves. What was Good and what was Bad. Once again.........I was first. it gets annoying that i'm always first. Why can't Mark be first? But oh well, because i'm a student in IB, i voice out opinions without hesitation. So I honestly searched through my brain for a moment when I felt was most comfortable and said it out loud "my laughing scene with phumi" honestly. that was it. never had i felt so succesful in my acting parts. anddddd....the bad part - Louis and the Girl's scene. It felt really weak. weak weak weak weak. and i didn't know how to help it. ARGH. but oh well. thoughts out. time to work on it.

Mr.Moss then told us all about what we all suck at. VOLUME. we aren't loud because we just don't use the diaphragm to speak. I know how to use it.....but sometimes, i forget. so. REMINDER #1 - use diaphragm to speak.

So we run through all the parts. MICHELLE WORKED SO HARD! AND PULLED THROUGH! she sounded SOOOOO much more confident this time and I was really into the script. Being a good actor, you can't just rely on yourself, well at least in my case. There has to be support from each supporting role. Thats why they are called that. supporting actors. So michelle done. Phumi. He's still concious and not over exaggerating enough! argh. but he's getting there, i can tell. :)
Lines with Trym are just messed uppppp....and it makes me so frustrated because i really don't know how to help him rmb what he has to say next. I try things lik drop hints....but he doesn't get it. I stall by blabbering on and on.....but he just lets me! OH SO FRUSTRATING. but *sigh* All i can do is hope he'll nail the lines by thursday. Phumi again. WHOA.so much better. I love the Brandon scene. I feel so comfortable with it. IT IS AWESOME. all because it starts with that laughing scene. hee hee! Next is....Tilly. it was.....ok. nothing special. I didn't feel it was funny. no ups and downs. no dynamics that I can work on with facial expression. nadaa. nil. zip. Hope things will get smoother thurs. NO "CHEMISTRY" with GUY(mark) .....am i THAT repulsive?

ARGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment