Monday, March 9, 2009

Actors Journal #19 - With an audience

060309

Today we acted all the scenes with everyone else that weren't acting as an audience. After that, wow's & what if's were given. SCARY. but very constructive. lets begin!

First scene - GIRL & LOUIS
It was ok. Comments were.......I have to be more aware of the audience, show my face more, turn my body towards them...Mr.Moss :"I don't mean to discriminate....but the asian face makes it hard for you to act. You don't leak! so whatever you're doing now....you gotta amplify it by 100000 times honey" Yes sir. I have to work on how to disengage with Louis. How to cut in better, how to finally break out with that line "ORRRR we could just end the date right here, because you're the biggest tool I have ever met." Ms.Marshall :"you have to show more what you're thinking...."

Second Scene - GIRL & KEN
Lisa :"you nailed it!" Mr.Moss :"You just made the biggest mistake. you just showed us that you can do it." good or bad? May-Li :"ending pose is awkward?" YES. I AGREE. need to work on how the ending pose can work for both of us and shows ENERGY. FIRE. PASSION! woohooo......hahahhaa. andddd....right before the ending pose, Phumi needs to do something more disgusting to me before i jump and scream :"DOES THIS CRAP EVER WORK?!" to his face.

Third Scene - GIRL & TOD
Interact more with the audience. I actually thought I did.....I glanced at the audience. Doing that "what on earth am i here with a 5 year old for?!" look. butttttt.....i need to exaggerate more. make it obvious. yea.

Fourth Scene - GIRL & BRANDON
I did a head flick! hahahahaa. and I honestly don't know why i did that. but it worked! even mr.moss laughed! whoaaaa....so i have to remember to do that head flick at my longest line.

Time ran out. we only did to that spot. THIS IS AN AWESOME ACTIVITY. Constructive critisim at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment