Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Actor's Journal #11 - Total Run Thru

030209

It was like ripping a plaster off an open wound. Quick, painless and quite frankly enjoyable :D Unfortunately, I had to reposition myself. All these times I have been rehearsing with the rest of the actors with me sitting on the right, now I realise that I have to be seated back to back with Mark, which means I am now on the left. I am stage right and so right is no longer where I sit now. Ahh well, it was no big deal for me. I have to learn how to be versatile ya? And...i didn't prove to be a problem either, so I'm just happy to have coped with that.

So we start with my scene with Michelle (Louis) it goes ok, she walks in, I fake my interest in him/her and Mr.Moss asks us to go right to the end. Quickand painless? Yes it was. Then it was Mark's scene. I actually never seen any scenes of Mark's so this interested me. Em, Mark doesn't realise this but, his acting is all the same. He's a funny guy, active and all, but when he acts, his tone of voice is same throughout. AIYA. But anyway, Mr. Moss noticed this in the end and gave him some heat about it. woohoo?

Anyway, among Mark's (GUY) scenes, I love his and Mary's scene the best!!! Tilly is playing that part and yea, they work well together. She's perfect at playing it though, i think thats what makes it THEIR scene, but all the same......I like it! I kind of like May Li's scene too? But....hmm....Tilly's one is just the best :D LISA DOESN'T PRACTICE AT HOME. just an observation :P

About my scenes, it was....em, ok. Phumi is still aware of himself, (let lose you!)although i think i can connect with Trym more, he's so cute and actually DOES act like a kid outside his character.I actualy think me and Phumi did quite well on the "fake-laughing-conversation" thing, although, we stick too much on the lines.....i improvise a little bit, and Phumi STICKS TO THE LINES. how to laugh like thaaaaaat?! argh. gotta talk to phumi about that. Tilly once again as Manny is great. :D she's an awesome actress. And last point of this very short reflection. HOW TO SHARE A MOMENT OF CHEMISTRY WITH MARK?! Hmmmmm......have to do intense research oh thaaaat. ;D

So the play is coming together. yesss!
TAPS only 2 days away! so excited!

ernie

No comments:

Post a Comment