Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Actors Journal #12 - On our own

100209

ok. today, we were somewhat on our own. Ms. Marshall had classes and Mr. Moss had to work with the year 13's about something. I never knew just how important teachers were and today, i finally see that without them, there is relatively no motivation to do work. oh my. Lucky he checks on us from time to time and got mad so we started work.

I wanted to do the last scene, well, because honestly we don't do it much, or....lets see, NOT AT ALL. the last scene is the most important! and although our ways may not be so effective, some of our ideas are brilliant. We do it like once or twice but end up starting from the beginning anyway. ARGH. i really honestly think we've done that enough! i'm getting bored of the Louis and Girl scene. and being bored of a scene isn't really good for me. that makes my acting sooooo bad and boring and stale. Its not exactly the best scene in the world and somehow me and Michelle really do not connect. The way she talks is a little bit, lazy and slurred. Em, not at all like the confident, self-magnified character she's supposed to play. However, it really isn't in my place to tell her that, and somehow, other people don't seem to feel the way i do, so, its up to the director, if he thinks its cool, ITS COOL.

Once again, phumi is still so AWARE of himself, and he doesn't know his lines. ARGH. Trym is nice to work with though, and Tilly today was unsure about her lines. She was sick, so, I guess that explains the lack of enthusiasm. Sorry that I'm being so critical today but, this is what I do every now and then :)
Mark is still being a boring character and he's just as soft as I am. honestly the only character I really like right now is Trym's. Haha. I'm thinking maybe he's such so good at what he does because he IS like that in the first place.

The ending was so horrible. Mr.Moss said that we were disgusting. and honestly? I think we were. We got off to a really SLOW and SLUGGISH start and while a certain scene was going on, the others were just watching. oh how we waste our precious time~
i'm not saying that I realised this. I did, but only after Mr.Moss said it. I really need to focus on getting work done on a whole. Well at least today I got a clearer idea on how to work my way up to the ending for Louis's part, Phumi is slowly but steadlily coming out of his shell anddd the ending we did quite a bit. Not bad, could be better, but not bad. :)

GOAL FOR NEXT CLASS : TOTAL MAXIMISATION OF TIME. volume. physical action. lines. COSTUMES. phumi scene's.

No comments:

Post a Comment