Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TAPS - Day 3

070209

this was a teeny bit confusing day for me. I didn't go for the Comedia master class cause i was in church, so i only came in after lunch at one :D

we started doing things i REALLY didn't understand. it all had to do with stand-up comedy that i didn't see the night before. em, a bit awkward for me but people don't judge. so i don't mind. apparently she said things that really touched them all. about revealing your inner demons and so. wow. people cried. thats a hard thing to achieve and yet SO MANY OF THEM FELT THE SAME WAY. oh well. my caregroup seems to need me more :D

Anyway, we stood around in circles and immitated movements that we saw that make a HUGE impact on us. Something like the acid test. Then it was sounds. I could do neither since i obviously don't know what was happening so.....yea, I didn't do it.

Next though, we worked on our comedia/stand-up comedy stimulus. WHAT?! my partner was marie and I really really honestly didn't want to use the story of my dad swimming again....embarassing for me....and ESPECIALLY my dad. haha. we tried out Kathy's cat story, then moved onto cat and dog show competition? hahaha...we were WAYYYY over the place and ended up asking Jo if we could just sit out this performance. She let us. :D surprisingly. in local surroundings they would just force you. I don't remember much about everyone's performances but I know that Vardaan's group did an Indian shop flick. Angela's group did somewhat a talkshow kind of thing? Girl's entering reality shows to get husbands. Girl's of different nationalities. It was interesting. The rest, i think i forgot? sorry people.

Last but not least, Jo asked us to get together in groups again and talk about the greatest thing that we learned during this workshop. The joining of each one of our presentations though had to have something we learned during the workshop. Ours was simple, we do actions flowing on to one another. The transition a little boring I admit. I did SPACE. because even in ballet, teacher priscilla used to say my movements were restricted. So now, i'm learning how to deal with SPACE. Vardaan's group was like a mini talkshow! SO HILARIOUS! coming from none other than VARDAAN. liked his group's the best. He was with Phil too! no fair. all the funnny ones are with him.....next, Tilly's group apparent misinterpreted the "assignment" and it turned out to suck. haha. I thought it was interesting....they stood in a row and did everything together. TOGETHERNES. it was serene :D

we ended it then headed to the beach for the ending! nothing much happened here. we ate, had the quiz. people losing items. it was annoying and depressing...but.....get over it. yea?

OVERALL - TAPS made me realise drama is harder than I thought. :S

No comments:

Post a Comment