Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Actor's Journal #3 - The going gets tough

130109

SO HAPPY THAT ITS DRAMA. Had like 2 periods of physics. 2 periods of economics. TIME TO GET THOSE CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING and have some fun! moving those limbs and not over working the brain. Yes, I love drama!

Today -
Everyone gets confused with our assignments. Supposedly, today we were going to make speeches on our most inspiring character/person. Em....I actually did DO it, but I just didn't write down the speech. So when Mr.Moss asks me if I'm prepared. I say no. Sorry Mr.Moss......Lucky Mr. Moss is nice, and says that all is well! He'll just switch the activities planned on thursday with the activities planned today. So thats it.

REMINDER : THURS - Speech assignment.

Ok. Then we start off by breaking up into 3 groups. Not really groups, considering the number of pupils in the class, but pairs more like. I'm with Poo (love his name!:P) Michelle with Trym (I finally know how to spell his name) and Mark with Tilly. We're given a task, think about 3 issues that effects YOU and convey it to us using tabloids (its like a frozen in time piece). So I am stuck, WHAT ISSUES?! Poo comes up with war & poverty, and I still and speechless.....issues?! Haha. I'm slow, I know, gotta work on the understanding bit. So last one, I say drugs. So here we have our 3 issues that we're gonna convey through these frozen in time pieces.

Issues :
- Poverty
- War
- Drugs & Alcohol
Poo starts scribbling in my book how exactly we position ourselves in the tabloids and here's how it looks like this.......

Thank you Poo for making my book no messier than it already is *forced smile*


Poverty.
Haha. So anywway, we try it out, but then the feeling is different and I feel lik different dimensions are needed. Poo suggested that for poverty, we sit back to back, begging for money. Yea thats ok....but I like DRAMA, action and surprise. So I think up something. I take a coin (5 cents! haha) place in on the ground, throw myself ON the ground to and reach out for the coin in desperation! I need the coin, as measly as a 5 cent coin might be I need it! It is MONEY. And nothing is what I have. Ooooo....emotion! Thats what I like. So poverty is settled. different dimensions. NICE

War.
This one....not so interesting for me, I'm a woman, pretending to be clutching a baby in my arms, while Poo attacks me with a gun. Boring, expected, and conventional. But still, I can't think of anythign else to spice it up. EXCEPT. move on.

Drugs & Alcohol.
Once again, we're back to back and we have to look like we're high. Basically look like we're dumb and without a care in the world. can't change much of that can I? Settled.

Presentations:
First up is......Mark and Tilly. They're issues where poverty, drugs & Bad academic concentration. Nice, They're first one was cute. I thought it was really cute. Like she was crouching down and he had his wallet open, as if emptying it into her hands but its empty in the first place. Cute ok?! But Mr. Moss doesn't think so...>_< size="5">Ernie

No comments:

Post a Comment