Thursday, January 15, 2009

Actor's Journal #4 - Growing Together

150109

I'm feeling more and more comfortable with the class now, but today a tad bit nervous. We're expected to do our speech on our most inspiring person and I still don't know how to be confident without shaking just a teeny wee bit. Somehow, because of unexpected circumstances, we never even get to the acting and just sit around discussing characters, history and feelings. The words extroverts and introverts were flying around the class......ALOT. But anyway, today for me felt like we were bonding as a family, ahhh....that warm and fuzzy feeling. :D

First we go in, then Mr. Moss starts talking about what number we chose. I chose 8 and I told him that. I explained all about my character history, why my character is at a confidence level of 8 and so and so. Here are my points. Supportive family, success was celebrated, failure was accepted and exposure to just about anything. Mrs. Marshall actually complemented me on my points but em.....honestly? I was just describing myself in more extreme terms. Haha. So you see? this was easy for me.

Next we talk about Poo who chose a number 6. His points were just about like mine - family and I don't really blame him, cause what is the center of our world other than family? He explains a little more about how he wasn't really supported in everything he did, so there was confidence with a slight tinge of subservient-ness. There was a little I didn't understand about the little argument they were having concerning Poo's characters history but in the end it seemed to resolve to a satisfying conclusion. *ahhhh*

Next Mr Moss looked for a more extreme number. Trym to the rescue with his 3! He is a DRAMA KING. He starts off his character by killing off his dad in a robbery even before he was born. WOW. Mom gets traumatised by the loss and becomes over-protective over son. She home schools him and literally shileds him from the outside world. Yea, this definitely WOULD NOT be a confident/dominant child. BUT, then Mrs. Marshall says something that really makes you click. The fathers death occured when the child was not even born correct? Yes. And how old is the child now? 17/18. So, throughout the 17 years, the child did not move on one bit? *silence* I start to think about where she is goin with this question. It is possible for a child to get over the trauma of losing a loved one. ESPECIALLY after a long period of 17 years. So here we are, debating whether or not it was plausible. Then Mr. Moss jumps in and says that, when he was young, he had a burn on his face, he had to wear a PLASTIC bad over his head to protect it from getting infected and now he has a slight phobia towards wearing masks. I get what he means, eventhough there might be the slightless doubt that the child could not turn out the way he has, the fact that it is possible cannot be ignored either. This is the complexity of the human mind and their behaviour. ANYTHING can be possible, just as long as you can have the slightest argument about it. People do react in different ways after all.

Michelle's number 4 was next. Hers was the family didn't want her in the first place. *ouch* that is harsh. I imagine the parents probably being young and reckless, during this and that, OUTCOME=baby wanting to have it aborted but doesn't have the financial capability to do so. This I feel really hurts a child. She is constantly suppressed due to the hatred from her parents and find herself being compelled to apologize for her mere existence. This is what was running though my mind when she said it. Perfect set up for a 4 i think. go michelle!

Mark apparently really didn't get the assignment eventhough he acted like he did. His most inspiring character was David Beckham, yet when he said his number 5 and described his history, he was describing Beckham. I AM SO HAPPY I ASKED MICHELLE BEFOREHAND ABOUT THE ASSIGNNMENT. or not I would be as equally blur.

Tilly was kind of abit worse. She was describing this awesome person, oh and her number was a 7, confident, mother actress, dad a fireman, became a model. You could see the impressed look on Mr. Moss on such detailed information! LOL. turns out she was describing a real person. *sighs* So that took time explaining the assignment and how it REALLY was supposed to be.

INFORMATION :
speech - no more than 30 seconds
tabloid - no more than 30 seconds.

wow. I wrote a pretty long speech. looks like it needs cutting down. Yet again another productive, cozy, relaxing day. NO REGRETS IN TAKING DRAMA.

Ernie

No comments:

Post a Comment