Sunday, January 18, 2009

Actor's Journal #5 - Presentation Day

160109

PRESENTATION DAY. The title says it all. Today is the day filled with nerves, emotions, and nail-bitings.....for me. The rest seem calm and confident. DAMN. and my character is supposed to BE confident. DAMN. So nevermind. I walk in class knowing what i want to do and what i want to be. CONFIDENT. It starts out well, I was really really looking forward to drama......but somehow, year 13 has joined us....and nerves spike again. *sighs* when will it stop spiking? DAMN

Anyway, Poo goes first. And his act is GOOD. He chose a 6, so its like, write out a speech, act totally nervous yet come in comfortably, referring script almost all the time. Yea he did a good job, but I really really wasn't paying much attention because well, WHEN WAS IT GOIN TO BE MY TURN?! yea those ideas were clouding my concentration. sorry Poo - u know I love u. haha.

Next was Tilly, she did.....good. Chatty, confident, happy to be presenting her speech but somehow got mixed up with her own personality along the way, AND Mr. Moss noticed it. haha. he's awesome, and Tilly is too!

Next was.....Michelle. GOONESS. She is an awesome actress. She had it to a T AND Mr. Moss said so! WOW. her act was totally convincing, shuffling feet, saying the "sorry" under her breath, constantly glancing down. WOWEE. pressure to be better? YEA

ME. Argh, yea, I think i overdid it. I went out, literally BOUNCING on stage, and accidentally slammed down my book on the "podium" hahaha...yea. that wasn't supposed to happen. But it did. I was really nervous, and I don't know why.....>_< I shot through everything and the comments were : It was a little threatening. Maybe a 9? ahhh....I tend to overdo things? So maybe I should tone it down ALOT for the next performance.

Trym. AWWWWW.....his was such a cute act. All shy and stuttering, only saying something BARELY audible then fleeing the stage. AWWWW.....yea, plus he's white. They naturally look cuter. :D

After that, we exercised more on our tabloids. Honestly I think me and Poo did a good job on it. Tonss of credit to Poo. His indeas? AWESOME. We praticed it more, and Mrs. Marshall showed us how to get more flow from what we were wanting to present. Start from head, down to body, down to tapping, then whole body ENGAGING into the rythm BURSTING within us. I LIKE. I like alot. Thank you Mrs. Marshall. So now, i'm more confident about that performance :)
And can't wait till Tuesday! Cya peeps!

Ernie

No comments:

Post a Comment