Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Actor's Journal #6 - The Reading

200109

Walking in again to drama class and......I was feeling like a blank page. I wasn't worried about the tabloid performance thing, but i wasn't so confident about it either. Oh well, either way, we did not present it. haha! Did Mr. Moss forget about it? I kind of hope so, because I KNOW that I have yet to perfect it. This week has been awfully busy.

Anyway, I walk in to find everyone there already. Phuminat hands me a form, something about TAPS. I read through it again and realise : Oh hey! I AM excited about TAPS. Its like real life exposure to ACTORS from around the world. And if the teachers are anything LIKE Mr. Moss. woohoo!

Details of TAPS
Date : 5th - 7th Feb

em....thats it. HAHA. I miss 2 days of school but will still go to church on friday evening and saturday morning. ITS MY CHOICE, DON'T ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT IT.

So anyway, brief explanation about what we are going to do during TAPS and ASSIGNMENT***! NEW ASSIGNMENT. again?! But this one is a fun one....kinda, what we are supposed to do is act as tour guides to the TAPS members for thursday afternoon. We start at the Jetty, head along Armenian Street, pass through Little India and Chinatown (does Penang even have one?!) in 3 hours. A measely 3 hours with has lunch included. Tough job. We're just going to have to pinpoint awesome places for them to go and sight see. Now here's the tricky part, among the places that we pinpoint, MOST of them have to be stimuli for the beginning & development of a drama/play. That can be anything! ARGH this is hard, but lucky we're doing this in groups and I'm with Tilly & Mark. Poo gets Michelle and Trym. Lucky bastards. I want Michelle & Poo.

Next up, we read the play
WE READ THE PLAY! yippee! Now we're talking.

PLAY ESSENTIALS
Title : Check, Please
Creator : Jonathan Rand
Genre : Comedy
Characters : Guy, Girl, Louis, Melanie, Ken, Mary, Mark, Pearl, Tod, Sophie, Brandon, Linda, Manny, Mimi.

I'm the girl! Which is the main character. SOOOO excited.

Ok. All I know is this play is AWESOME. first time reading through it and i'm already hooked! It is so funny, so cute and soooo hilarious! But during the reading, I think I didn't portray the girl wonderfully, I thought yes, maybe Michelle (who was originally supposed to do it) should play the part, but it is fun! AND this would really develop some skills of mine that I never knew before. I have to learn to be natural yet exaggerating the important bits, learn to flow with the story and gain MUCH trust with the rest of the actors. Its tough but an exciting challenge! Thank you Mr.Moss for choosing me! I feel closer to the character already as I am a girl, in school, and also eager to seek a life partner. ahhh....I'm just so excited to read it some more and the rehearsals! YES!

Goal : To know what the GIRL expects from every date and how she feels at the end.

Now to look for the 9 questions I have to answer about my character! go!

Ernie

No comments:

Post a Comment